Wondering if hiring a Nassau County Professional Organizer is right for you?
- The first step is to fill out our contact form to set up your complimentary 15-minute phone consultation. It is helpful if you can also email us a photo of the space(s) you’d like to get organized.
- During this phone call, you can share a little about your organizing challenges, ask any questions you may have, and learn a bit about us and our process. If we are a good match, we can set up our first organizing session for a date and time that is convenient for you. A 50% deposit via Master Card or Visa is required to book a session.
- We generally work in blocks of four hours, although we can certainly go longer if you’d like. At the beginning of the first session, we will assess your space by taking a tour of the areas to be organized or affected by the project. We will note what you want to accomplish, set goals, and discuss if you’d like any “homework” to make speedier process in between sessions.
- Our process includes sorting, decluttering, storage, and maintenance tips.
- As we wrap up each session, we will assess our progress and make a plan to keep the momentum going. We will also discuss any organizing containers or products you might need, providing suggestions and/or photos to make it easy for you.
Tips to help you prepare for your session:
- You don’t have to purchase any organizing containers ahead of time. We will work with what you have or make recommendations after our first session. If you do have any already on hand, please gather them together before our first session.
- It is helpful if you could provide garbage bags (for decluttering phase for both trash and donation) and ziplock bags in a variety of sizes for sorting and storing.
- If we are setting up a filing system, please purchase file folders.
- During the sorting process, we need a large surface on which to work. If you have a folding table, please set that up, or cover your dining room or kitchen table and we can utilize that.
- Please be well rested, fed, and hydrated the day of your session.
- Please make the environment comfortable by adjusting the air conditioning or heat as needed, or opening a window for fresh air if weather permits.
- Some clients find that having music playing in the background reduces stress. If you’d enjoy that, please select something that calms or energizes you. (If using your television to play music, Fios channels 1800-1849 and cable vision channels 850-899 are fabulous.)